Football is not just about game, football is about RESPECT. We all have a part to play. Here is the guideline as a reference for everyone who involve with football. Especially for the grassroots. Lose RESPECT, Lose the GAME.
WHEN PLAYING FOOTBALL I WILL:
- Always play to the best of my ability and for the benefit of my team
- Play fairly – I won’t cheat, dive, complain or waste time
- Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee or my coach/manager
- Play by the rules, as directed by the referee
- Be gracious in victory and defeat – I will shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game
- Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me
- Understand that a coach has to do what is best for the team and not one individual player
- Talk to someone I trust if I’m unhappy about anything at my club.
- Remember that children play for FUN
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success
- Respect the Referee’s decisions even when you don’t agree with them
- Appreciate good play from whatever team it comes from
- Remain behind the touchline and within the Designated Spectators’ Area
- Let the coach do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
- Support positively and offer players encouragement not criticism
- Never engage in, or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behavior
COACHES, TEAM MANAGERS AND CLUB OFFICIALS
We all bear a collective responsibility to set a good example and help provide a positive environment in which children can learn and enjoy the game.
Play your part and observe The Respect Code of Conduct at all times.
ON AND OFF THE FIELD, I WILL:
- Use my position to set a positive example for the young people I am responsible for
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers,officials and spectators
- Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
- Promote Fair Play and high standards of behavior
- Respect the match official’s decision
- Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behavior
- Be gracious in victory and defeat.
WHEN WORKING WITH PLAYERS, I WILL:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behavior and performance
- Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
- Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player’s best interests.
Reference : The FA Respect Code Of Conduct